Happy 4th of July America. Here’s why Independence Days sucks.
- There is no barefooting in ID4, except for the aliens.
- It did not earn its combined domestic and international box office gross of $816,969,268, which at one point was the second-highest worldwide gross of all movies made before 1996. The film still holds the 32nd highest worldwide gross of a movie all-time.
- For a movie about progress and independence, it simply reinforces the stereotypes about race (white men, rule, colored folk are brave and strong, but not too bright, and women in authority must die).
- The aliens in ID4 looked like the aliens in Alien.
- “Attack the Block” is a far superior film. The heros are thug teens who join together to fight a fantastic set of aliens foes. The cinematography is perfect, the story-line engaging, the actors believable, and take away message life affirming: Yes, people hurt each other, but they also work together.