We’ve been married for almost 15 years and have known each other for about 20 years. I instantly fell head over heels in love with her the moment I saw her. As I got to know her, my love grew even stronger. She is an exquisite person, intelligent, beautiful, compassionate, and fun to be with. Being with her makes me a better a person.
- She is a world class photographer. Her work has been featured on cnbc, in published books, and in magazines. She has remarkable talent for making the familiar seem strange and a superb eye for composition.
- She likes to knit, which, for some odd reason, I find incredibly sexy. She even spins her own yarn. That she can transform a scraggly ball of yarn into a cardigan, a pair of gloves, or scarf with nothing more than her hands and two sticks astonishes me.
- She writes beautiful prose, fiction, and poetry. She’s been blogging for years and it shows. Her crisp and clean writing entertains, informs, and inspires.
- She plays the uke; it’s another thing that turns me on for some weird reason. She inspired me to give it a try. It’s only string instrument that makes any sense to me.
- She’s a children’s librarian, which is thrilling not only because we have lots of exotic, colorful, oddly sized picture books, but also because she gets children excited about reading and literacy. Sometimes when we’re out,I hear kids say, “Wooh, it’s the library lady.” It’s like being with a celebrity.
- She likes to run and hike and enjoys a finely crafted beer from time to time.
- She’s interested in practical spirituality and philosophy and practices Zen, which adds insightful conversations to our hikes.
7& 1/2 She doesn’t complain about my love for barefooting or my preference for wearing huaraches instead of hiking boots on deadly cliffs.