Deep within the warm and juicy blood pulsing through the four chambers of your throbbing heart, you love this quirk of my mine. Which quirk? The one where I list my brilliant, yet discarded blog titles: Tap into the Fountain of Youth–too spammy, Discover an Easy Trick to Lose Weight, Boost Energy, and Increase Stamina–too long, This Drink Will Keep You Healthy–too lackluster, Drink This to Boost Energy & Lose Weight–too bossy and somewhat spammy. Attention! Trolling ghosts, dry and drained of joy, skip the first paragraph of my posts for there is where I lay my quirks.
So what is this miracle drink that restores energy, decreases appetite, and saves lives?
Coconut milk is the juice from the flesh of a ripe coconut. It’s much sweeter than coconut water and it lacks the beneficial properties of coconut water.
How Coconut Water Boosts Health:
- Turbo Charged Re-hydration, which prevents death from fluid loss.
- Instant Electrolyte Replenishment, which eliminates post exercise blues.
- Appeases Appetite, which leads to HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS.
- Imparts Critical Vitamins, which decreases the signs of aging.
How to Tap into the Health & Energy Properties of Coconut Water:
Drink it after a work-out. I like to cut it with water; my stomach rebels against viscous fluids after longer runs. Occasionally I’dd add some stevia to sweeten it. I also sip coconut water BEFORE I run or workout. It’s always a great idea to start exercising when you’re well hydrated.
How to Use Coconut Water as a Diet Aid:
Most craving for (junk) food are really urges for water or for essential nutrients lost through perspiration. Drinking coconut water before meals replenishes many of the key nutrients; it also quickly re-hydrates, which satiates the appetite, thereby resulting in the consumption of fewer calories. Coconut water also flushes out toxins, thereby choking out the urge to eat sugar and strangling cravings for salty foods.
Where to Buy Packaged Coconut Water:
- At the semi-racist “Ethnic” Food or the “Health Food” sections of your local Grocery Store. MAKE SURE your coconut water HAS ONE AND ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Pure Coconut WATER. Here are some brands–that should be paying for endorsing them, but aren’t, but which I still like anyway: Vita Coco, ONE Coconut Water, & Zico. (One container will last a few days. Believe me, you won’t want to over drink coconut water. It has a rich, healthy taste.)
- From Overpriced Health Food Stores run by Hippies or Big Corporations disguised as Hippies.
- Online from Amazon.Com!
Weird Facts about Coconut Water:
- “Coconut” stems from Spanish and Portuguese word “coco,” which means “grinning face.” Spanish and Portuguese explorers noted the peculiar resemblance of the three holes at the base of the shell to a human face.
- In the literature of India, Kalpavriksha (Devanagari: कल्पवृक्ष), also known as kalpataru, kalpadruma and kalpapādapa, is a mythological, wish-fulfilling divine tree. The tree provides wealth, health, and enlightenment. In many coastal sections of India, the coconut tree takes sacred name Kalpavriksha because the tree easily transforms into shelter, food, water, and even comfort in the form of a makeshift palm leaf fan.
- Coconut Water is so nutritive that World War II, doctors used it intravenously, when regular IV fluid was unavailable. Before you shoot up coconut water, read below.
The World famous Coconut Water IV Drip is great story, but only partially true. Coconut water was used ONCE in place of saline solution IV Drip during the Second World War. It did save the soldier, but it was NOT and IS NOT commonly used to for IV Drips. It’s not an optimal IV solution for re-hydration because it doesn’t have enough sodium content to stay in the bloodstream. Using it as an IV drip could cause dangerously high blood levels of calcium and potassium. Drink it, don’t shoot it up.